Monday, October 3, 2011

55 Alive!

In this scenario, 30+ extra years will be added to my life. By then, many things might happen.

A family. A place to live. Some kids. Things of the past like achievements and possibilities will be grounded away to practicality and efficiency, and perhaps worrying about paying the mortgage or taxes to the government. Things might happen in between. Some event in the world that prompts me to change. Some action in the years that prompts a recollection to be shared.

By the time of this post, I am not so sure what I can see from a paperclip. This...thing of an object, being part of a small gear which has no application over me.

30+ years of experience may have changed what I know, what I represent. I do not know - for those years have not made their impact on me yet.

Come to think of it, my views on everything might change. From a world where things are viewed once with intuitive dreams and thoughtless fantasies, to a place where everything is just another practical application to a weary world, a weary heart.

I do not know what the future brings, nor how I will change in the next 30+ years.

Perhaps I'm getting too old in this scenario. I'm rambling on too much. There's so much to say, but nothing to anchor the thoughts down. I can preach about the world with its problems of dealing with realists and moral ideals, or the weary mind from such a long and traverse lifespan that this scenario has entitled me with. I can give my own opinions on how the world was in my childhood, or how things weren't so connected back in the old days to the generations of today, in this scenario.

But even with so much to give, and so much experience to share, what do people really need in the future? A stable home? A comfortable life? Excitement? Dedication?

I do not know. I am not a man of particular importance, that much I know. My opinion may not share the same grounding that other people have, nor would they hold much weight to be listened to. That much, I know.

But if there's one thing that I do know, in this scenario of 30+ years...
I do know, that the only thing I can actually pass down to the generation of the future, is the heart. To put a heart in the cold, lifeless machination we call practicality and efficiency in a place run by money and selfish gains, to a world where such an ideal has been lost, either through such means or through the cogs of the world itself.

The heart to move things.
The heart to do what is moral.
A heart to drive things.

A heart to be human.

Odd, isn't it? To see the world and the importance of the heart through a single paperclip. To review everything there is from an aspect that seemed pointless and insignificant. I mildly wonder though, whether I can share that absurdity when I eventually reach the age of 55.

I wonder.
But we shall see.

No comments: